Welcome to the UNRWA volunteer website!
Here you can apply to volunteering opportunities with UNRWA in Gaza. This is the only official website where you can apply. And the below information is the only correct and official information from UNRWA. If you see different information from any other source, for example on social media posts or another website, it is not correct information.
The UNRWA volunteer program in Gaza aims to provide new graduates with a structured opportunity to gain working experience within their specializations. UNRWA volunteers are coached by their supervisors, obtain training and apply their skills in a work setting.
To apply you need to follow these steps
- Register an account. Click on the menu button in the top right corner, then click on “Register”.
- Verify your email account.
- Log-in in to your volunteer account
- Apply to volunteer positions.
Please note (!) to register and apply you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are between 19-26 years old
- You are a Palestine Refugee registered with UNRWA
- You are a graduate that graduated before June 2019
- You are living in the Gaza Strip
- You graduated from a recognized insitution in Gaza OR from an international or West Bank institution.
- You have not previously worked or volunteerd for UNRWA (except if you have worked as an unskilled JCP then you may apply)
Volunteering for UNRWA is a learning opportunity for you to gain work experience related to your specialization and develop your skills. It is not an employemnt and there can be no expectation of getting an employment with UNRWA upon finishing the volunteering period.
Before applying to become a volunteer it is important that you are aware and read the following conditions that apply to all UNRWA volunteers in Gaza.
- Volunteers are unpaid and do not receivie any type of compensation.
- Medical insurance is the responsbility of the voluntee). Volunteers are not covered by UNRWA medical insurance or other insurances.
- Transport to and from your duty station are as a general rule not provided. Some exceptions can be made when space is available on UNRWA staff buses. To minimize transportation needs we will try and place volunteers as close as possible to where they live.
- The volunteering period is 6 months.
- Volunteers will be issued with an Experience Certificate after finishing the volunteering period.
- Volunteers will have access to UNRWA e-learning.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for volunteering positions. Please note that not all UNRWA installations are adapted for persons with physical disability. It is specified in each job description which duty stations are adapted for persons with physical disability.Please, be reminded that transport to and from the duty station is not provided by UNRWA.
To ensure that the website functions correctly, please use the Chrome web browser.
The application period will be extended by one week until 8 June.
Many of you have experienced issues that have prevented you from applying. We are working to fix all the issues raised by you. Most the of the problems have already been fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience this have causes and we wish to thank you for your patience and understanding.
We have chosen to extend the deadline to give everyone a fair opportunity to apply to volunteer with us.
If you face a technical problem when registering or applying, please try again the next day. It could be because of maintenance. If you face repeated problems, please send an email clearly explaining the problem you are facing and we will try and help you as quickly as possible to : [email protected]